A construction Technology Diploma from Vista College can open the door to a wide range of career possibilities in the construction industry. Earning a diploma will also give you a competitive edge in today’s tight job market because it demonstrates you have the basic skills and a desire to succeed, which employers covet.
What Does a Construction Technology Diploma Involve?
- Interpreting construction drawings
- Performing high-quality concrete and brickwork
- Framing walls, ceilings, and floors
- Installing the proper wiring and piping for electrical and plumbing systems
While it may not seem like it to people outside the field, the construction industry continues to evolve and the increased incorporation of green, reclaimed, and repurposed materials in many projects is evidence of this. As the industry continues to make advancements, construction technology experts need wider skill sets. Today, employers expect construction technology professionals to have construction, engineering, business, and management skills.
Our comprehensive Construction Technology Diploma program employs a combination of classroom and hands-on training to help you develop essential construction industry skills. By the time you complete your training, you will be thoroughly prepared to take on the challenges of positions such as framers, drywall installers, construction laborers, or tile workers.
You’ll Learn How To:
- Use the latest construction equipment, and materials
- Understand and follow building and safety codes
- Interpret and use industry terminology accurately
- Solve engineering and construction problems
- Manage others